What is Abhrak Bhasma
Abhaka Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine manufactured by Baidyanath, Patanjali, Dabur companies. Abhrak Bhasma is available in the market in three forms. Abhrak Bhasma ‘Sadharan’, Asbestos Bhasma ‘Shatputi’, and Asbestos Bhasma ‘Sahastraputi’.
Abhrak Bhasma works well in fever, cough, loss of appetite, duodenum, liver and spleen diseases, all types of Dysmenorrhea, anemia, semen related diseases like nightfall, premature ejaculation, impotence, mental diseases like headache, insomnia and cardiovascular diseases.
Various Names of Abhrak Bhasma
- Abar bhasm
- Abhrak Bhasma
- Calcined mica
- Mica Ash
- Oxidized mica
- Mica Nano-particles
- Calcined & Powdered Talc
- Biotite calx
- Abhrak calx
- Calcined Biotite
|Taste (Rasa)||Astringent and Sweet|
|Main quality (Guna)||Smooth|
|Resultant of metabolism (Vipaka)||Sweet|
|Dominant impact (Pravav)||Nutritious|
|Impact on mind||Calm the mind|
The potency of this medicine is cold and that is why this consumption is consumed in men related problems like nightfall and premature ejaculation. By consuming this drug, the semen thickens and ‘Sapta Dhaut’ is strengthened.
Medical Uses of Abhrak Bhasma
Abhrak bhasma indications are given below according to body systems:
- Chronic headache
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Memory loss
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Brain Atrophy
- Anxiety with mental weakness
- Insomnia or sleeplessness
- Depression with suicidal tendency
- Irritability (along with Mukta Pisti)
- Schizophrenia (along with Rajat Bhasma)
- Mental Stress
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
Abdominal Diseases (Liver & Abdomen)
- Liver enlargement
- Spleen enlargement
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Ulcerative colitis
Respiratory Diseases (Lungs)
- Trouble breathing
- Chronic cough
- Whooping cough
Heart & Blood
- Angina pectoris
- Myocardial Ischemia
- Cardiomegaly (abnormal enlargement of the heart)
- Heart weakness
- Postpartum depression
- Menopause symptoms
Abharak Bhasma Benefits
Abhrak Bhasma is used in many diseases. Below we have described all the advantages and uses of Abhrak Bhasma.
- This drug is beneficial in men’s diseases like nightfall and premature ejaculation.
- Beneficial in liver and spleen diseases
- Beneficial in general fever or chronic fever
- It gives good results in common cought and Asthama with honey and pipal.
- It is also useful in breathing problems.
- Beneficial for digestive system
- Beneficial in Anemia.
- Beneficial in duodenal disease
- Beneficial in all types of Dysmenorrhea
- Beneficial in all diseases caused by Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- Beneficial in heart weakness
- Beneficial in headache, mental depression, dementia, epilepsy, and other mental diseases
- Beneficial in tuberculosis and leprosy.
Abhrak Bhasma dosage
Abhrak Bhasma dosage should not exceed from 750 mg per day in adults and 250 mg per day in children under age 10.
Dosage in children Age 0 to 1 year: 15 mg to 30 mg twice a day
Age group 1 to 10 year: 30 mg to 125 mg twice a day
Dosage in Adults 125 mg to 250 mg twice a day or thrice a day
Contact your doctor for more information.