What is Heerak Bhasma (Hirak Bhasma) in Hindi
Heerak Bhasma also known as Hira Bhasma, Hirak Bhasma, Diamond Bhasma or Vajra Bhasam is an Ayurvedic medicine. This drug is made from Diamond. As you know that diamond is a precious stone, so you can guess how precious the diamond ash will be.
- Other Names: Heerak Bhasma, Hirak Bhasma, Heera Bhasma, Hiraka Bhasma, Diamond Ash Powder, Vajra Bhasma
- Availability: It is available online and in stores.
- Type of medicine: Diamond Powder
- Main Uses: Curing chronic diseases and sex problems
- Key Qualities: Boosting vigour and vitality.
Diamond ash is an excellent drug to enhance vigour, vitality, sex power, heart problem and other chronic diseases. By taking this drug, phlegm, tuberculosis, obesity, jaundice, and impotence etc. are cured. If any disease became incurable, then this drug is used with normal medicines.
If we talk about the chemical composition of diamond ash, this drug consists excess of carbon. This drug is very beneficial for the heart and also gives a positive effect on chest pain and heart attack. This drug is mainly given to the patients of weak heart.
Apart from this, this drug is also used in cancer. Cancer patients get very good relief from consuming diamond ash with cow urine. Not only this, by consuming diamond ash, the immunity power of a person also increases so much that a person can also fight against a terrible and incurable disease like HIV AIDS.
Heerak Bhasma ingredients
- Decoction of kulthi
- Rock salt
Hirak Bhasma is mainly known for immunomodulatory, anticancer, anti-metastatic, antitubercular, cardioprotective, antianginal, and anti-inflammatory actions.
- Analgesic or Anodyne
- Hematogenic (helps in formation of red blood cells)
- Heart Tonic
A few medicinal properties are listed above, but Heerak Bhasma provides benefits to all parts of the body. Its action appears on the brain, mind, nerves, spinal cord, lungs, abdominal organs, bones, joints, skin, etc. Mainly, it provides strength to every organ and restores natural functions of every organ.
Therapeutic Indications of Heerak Bhasma
The main indication of Heerak Bhasma is to increase immunity, improve the action of other medicines, eliminates the obstructions occurred due to toxin’s accumulations in the body. It is used in combination with Swarna Bhasma and other ayurvedic medicines in various diseases. The individual indications of Heerak Bhasma include:
- Internal abscess
- Heart Block
- Angina pectoris
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Mental Debility
- Physical Debility
- Impotency & Infertility
In addition to these diseases, Hirak Bhasma is also beneficial for in following health conditions:
- Frequent Urination
- Abdominal Diseases
- Neurological Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Bone Marrow Depression
Diamond Ash Uses
- This drug strengthens the heart and benefit in a heart attack.
- It is a sex enhancer, semen enhancer and provides strength to the men.
- It cures impotence and gives a new life to the person.
- It is very good for cancer if taken with cow urine.
- This drug increases immunity of the person.
- Consuming it also provides benefits in severe diseases like HIV / AIDS.
- This drug cures all three DOSHA i.e. Bile, Phelgm and Vata.
- It removes obesity and removes excess fat in the body.
- It is beneficial in phlegm and tuberculosis.
- It also benefits in Jaundice.
How to take Heerak Bhasma in Various Diseases
Heerak Bhasma for Mind
Heerak Bhasma effects appear after its continuous use for 4 to 8 weeks on the mind. It improves alertness, memory, attention span and intelligence. Many traditional ayurvedic doctors use it in the following combination for improving mental capabilities of the children.
|Heerak Bhasma||1 mg|
|Swarna Bhasma||5 mg|
|Manikya Pishti||10 mg|
|Chandi Bhasma||10 mg|
|Mukta Pishti||100 mg|
|Brahmi Powder||100 mg|
|Yashtimadhu (Mulethi) – Licorice Powder||100 mg|
- This combination should be taken on an empty stomach in the morning once daily.
- This combination is also a treatment choice for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). The results of this combination appear after regular use for 2 to 3 months.
Heerak Bhasma for Angina Pectoris
In Ayurveda, Heera Bhasma is a drug of choice for Angina Pectoris. It works even in the acute phase of Angina Pectoris. Hirak Bhasma improves blood flow the heart muscles and reduces the sensation of squeezing, heaviness, pressure, and tightness in the chest. It also alleviates chest pain. In angina pain, the following combination is beneficial.
|Heera Bhasma||4 mg *|
|Pushkarmool||250 mg *|
|Shring Bhasma||125 mg *|
|Honey||1 tsp. *|
- * Twice or thrice a day
- In acute cases, the first dosage should be given as described, but after a few minutes (10 to 15 minutes), a small dosage of the above combination should be given continuously until the pain
- Also, rule out if the burning sensation in the chest. If heartburn present or any gastric history appears, then Pushkarmool should not be added in the above combination. In place of Pushkarmool, Yashtimadhu (Mulethi or Licorice) powder in a dosage of 1 gram should be used.
Cancer & Metastasis
In combination with other ayurvedic medicines, Heerak Bhasma is beneficial in cancer and prevents metastasis. Most commonly, the following ayurvedic combination is helpful for cancer.
|Remedies||Single Dosage||Mixing Proportion|
|Heerak Bhasma||2.5 mg *||100 mg **|
|Swarna Bhasma||50 mg *||2 grams **|
|Mukta Pishti||50 mg *||2 grams **|
|Abhrak Bhasma 1000 Puti||50 mg *||2 grams **|
- * The dosage given is for a single
- ** All these medicines should be mixed in the proportion provided and then divide into 40 small sachets (PUDIAs) to make appropriate dosage. Each sachet should be taken in the morning 30 minutes before a meal with milk cream (MALAI) and Misri (crystalline sugar). Taking this mixture (one sachet) one time a day is a sufficient dosage, but in severe cases and metastasis, some patients may require it twice a day.
Dosage & Directions
The minimum effective dosage of Heerak Bhasma is 1.25 mg and the maximum dosage can be 10 mg twice daily.
|Infants||0.5 to 1.25 mg *|
|Children||1 to 2.5 mg *|
|Adults||2.5 to 6.25 mg *|
|Adults (in severe cases)||6.25 to 8 mg *|
|Pregnancy||1 to 2.5 mg *|
|Geriatric (Old age)||2.5 to 6.25 mg *|
|Maximum Possible Dosage (per day or in 24 hours)||16 mg (in divided doses)|
* Twice a day with appropriate adjuvant
How to Take
If only Heerak Bhasma is to be taken, then it should be taken with milk mixing with Misri (sugar crystal) powder. Generally, Hirak Bhasma is given along with other medicines according to diseases. Some of these combinations are described in the Benefits & Medicinal Uses Section of this article under the heading of specific health conditions or diseases.
Precautions & Side Effects
- Diamond ash should be consumed only under the supervision of a qualified doctor.
- Consuming this medicine without doctor’s advice can lead to serious side effects.
- Consumption of this drug in excess can cause problems like stomach pain and stomach irritation.
- This drug should be kept out of the reach of children.
- Pregnant women and lactating women should not take this medicine.
- This medicine should not be taken on an empty stomach.