What is Kaharva Pishti (Trinkant Mani Pishti)?
Kaharva Pishti, also known as Trinakantmani Pishti is a type of mineral compound that is used as a medicine in Ayurveda. This drug is made from Amber of succinite which is called Kaharva in Hindi.
- Name: Kaharwa Pishti, Trinakantmani, Trinakantamani Pishti
- Availability: It is available online and in stores.
- Type of medicine: Pishti, Ayurvedic and Unani medicine
- Main use: Excess bile in the body, diseases like abnormal blood fall from organs and worm infection of the brain
- Key Qualities: Reduce increased bile, strengthen the heart
- Medicinal Properties: Shrinkage, blood clotting, cholecystitis
Kaharva is a type of gum that is shiny and yellow in appearance. It also has a mild citrus-like aroma. Another name of Kaharva is Trikant Mani. Both Ayurvedic and Unani doctors use this medicine.
If we talk about the properties of this medicine, then this drug is mainly used to cure brain worm. Apart from this, it is used in diseases like dysentery, blood hemorrhoids, excessive blood coming from the uterus, too much blood during menstruation, too much dizziness, thirst, sweating, etc.
Ingredients of Kaharva Pishti
- Kaharva (Trinkant mani) – Amber of succinite
- Gulab Ark (Rosewater) – Rosa centifolia
How to make Kaharva Pishti
To make Kaharva Pishti, first of all, Kaharwa i.e. Trikant Mani is washed with water and cleaned. After this Trikant Mani is ground with rose water and dry in the shade. This process is repeated seven times so that Kaharva becomes very soft. Finally, the Kaharva Pishti is prepared.
Amber of succinite contains 3 to 8% succinic acid. The formation of succinite acid in the amber resin is yet unknown, but some believe it is formed through the process of fermentation of cellulose resin of amber, which is induced by microorganisms.
Kaharva Pishti has the following healing properties.
- Haemostatic (Antihemorrhagic) agents
- Anthelmintic or anti-parasitic
Kaharva Pishti is helpful in following health conditions.
Brain & Nerves
- Worm infestation in the brain
- Cysticercosis (pork tapeworm infestation)
- Headache due to worm infestation in the brain
Heart & Blood
- Heart Palpitation
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Bleeding piles
- Blood in stools
- Bleeding due to Ulcerative colitis or any inflammatory diseases
- Excessive uterine bleeding
- Heavy menstruation
Kaharva Pishti Uses
Benefits in worm infections in the brain
The main benefit of Kaharwa Pishti is to destroy the worm infection in the brain. The most prominent cause of worm infection in the brain is lace worm saliva which spreads this infection.
As a result, there is a lot of pain in the head, dizziness, fever, bad smell from mouth and nose and blood comes from the nose. By consuming Kaharwa Pishti, the infection of lace worm is eliminated, due to which all the above problems are also overcome.
Kaharva Pishti Uses in Heart Problems
Kaharva Pishti gives strength to the heart and cures heart diseases.
Patients, who have a fast heartbeat due to physical weakness and heart restlessness, get great benefits by consuming this medicine. In heart problems following combination is useful:
|Kaharva Pishti (amber)||500 mg|
|Mukta Pishti (Pearl Calcium)||125 mg|
|Praval Pisthi (Coral Calcium)||500 mg|
|Arjuna – Terminalia Arjuna||1000 mg|
Kaharva Pishti Uses in Bleeding Disorders
Generally, Kaharva Pishti works stops bleeding, so it is beneficial in gastrointestinal bleeding, bleeding piles, blood in stools, bleeding due to ulcerative colitis or any inflammatory diseases, excessive uterine bleeding or heavy menstruation. In all these diseases, it acts as a potent hemostatic agent. However, along with this, the patient may require the following remedies.
|Kaharva Pishti (amber)||500 mg|
|Giloy Satva||500 mg|
|Praval Pisthi||500 mg|
|Nagkesar (mesua ferrea)||1 to 3 grams|
Dosage & Directions
- Take 250 mg – 500 mg twice a day, morning and evening.
- Take it with honey, milk, butter, etc.
In the case of bleeding with urine and bleeding piles, take it with “Doorva Ras”.
- In bile disorders, take 250 mg of it with Praval Pishti.
- Take it with Arjunarishta in heart weakness.
- Take with Kutjarishta in bleeding disorders
- Take it with Ashokarishta in metrorrhagia.
- Take with Isabgol husk in dysentery and piles.
Diet: Cold milk, oatmeal, moong dal, cold foods, etc.
Precautions & Side Effects
Generally, no side effects of Kaharwa Pishti have been observed and it is a safe medicine. But if an excessive amount of this drug is consumed, it can cause a headache. This drug should be taken only after the advice of the doctor.
- Baidyanath (Kaharwa Pishti Trinkantmani)
- Patanjali Divya Pharmacy (Kaharava Pishti)
- Shree Dhanwantari Herbals (Kaharwa Pishti)
- Dabur (Kaharva Pishti (TrinKant Mani))