What is Mukta Bhasma (Moti Bhasma)?
Mukta Bhasma also known as Moti Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine made from Mukta i.e pearl. Mukta is called pearl in English. Mukta Bhasma is slightly warmer in nature than Mukta Pishti, hence most Ayurvedic Doctors use Mukta Pishti instead of Mukta Bhasma. Mukta Bhasma is less commonly used than Mukta Pishti, but in certain diseases, only Mukta Bhasma is used.
Two types of formulation are available in the market.
- Mukta Pishti or Moti Pishti: It is made by processing and grinding pearl fine powder with rose water.
- Mukta Bhasma or Moti Bhasma: It is made by the calcination method. Heat is given to small pieces made of pre-ground fine powder of pearl.
- Moti (Mukta) Pearl
- Rose Water
|Water (H2O)||2 – 4%|
Mukta Pishti has following healing properties.
- Fat Burner
- Muscle relaxant
|Taste – RASA||MADHURA (Sweet)|
|Main Quality – GUNA||LAGHU (Light)|
|Potency – VIRYA||SHEETA (Cold)|
|Resultant – VIPAKA||MADHURA (Sweet)|
|Therapeutic Effect – PRABHAVA||Improves eyesight, digestion, and provides strength|
|DOSHA KARMA (Effect on Humors)||Pacifies PITTA & KAPHA|
|Effects on Organs||Stomach, Intestines, Brain, Heart, Nerves, Kidneys, Bladder, Reproductive organs, Endocrine Glands|
Mukta Pishti is helpful in following health conditions.
- Stress disorders
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Unmanageable emotional excesses (Hysteria)
- Intermittent explosive disorder
- Insomnia (Sleeplessness)
- High blood pressure
- Non-productive cough
- Cough due to irritation in the throat
- Acidity or Heartburn
- Acute and chronic Gastritis
- Duodenal ulcer and Peptic ulcer
- Mouth ulcer
- Ulcerative colitis
- Tooth decay
- Low bone mineral density
- Joint pains or osteoporosis
- Gout with symptoms like tenderness and heat sensation in feet
- Membranous dysmenorrhea
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Excessive uterine bleeding
- Hypoparathyroidism (decreased activity of the parathyroid gland)
Uses & Benefits of Mukti Bhasma (Moti Bhasma)
- Mukta bhasma contains a sufficient amount of calcium, hence it is a natural source of calcium.
- People who are deficient in calcium get benefit by taking this medicine.
- It calms the enlarged bile and cures bile diseases.
- It is beneficial in lung infection, asthma, and cough.
- People, who have a lot of breathlessness and whose lungs have become damaged, they get a lot of benefits from taking this drug.
- It acts as a tonic for the heart. By taking it, the weak heart gets strength.
- It reduces cholesterol and increases the lifespan of the heart.
- It provides benefits in semen related diseases of men.
- Apart from this, it also benefits in mental diseases and eye diseases.
- This medicine gives relief in stress disorders, depression, anxiety, and anger.
|Minimum Effective Dosage||25 mg *|
|Moderate dosage (Adults)||60 mg to 125 mg *|
|Moderate dosage (Children)||25 mg to 125 mg *|
|Maximum Possible Dosage||250 mg *|
* Twice a day
Precautions & Side Effects
- Do not forget to take this medicine on your own experience, because taking this drug based on your own knowledge can lead to serious consequences.
- Depending on different diseases, conditions, age, and physical condition of a person, its quantity and proportion are different, so this drug should be taken only according to the advice of a qualified and experienced doctor.
- This drug should be kept out of the reach of children.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
Mukta Pishti is good natural calcium for pregnant and lactating women. It is LIKELY SAFE and WELL TOLERABLE in pregnancy.
Who should not take Mukta Pishti (Pearl Calcium)?
If you have any of the following diseases, then you should consult an ayurvedic doctor before starting Mukta Pishti.
- Kidney Stones
- Elevated calcium level in the blood
- Loss of body fluids
- Hyperactivities of Parathyroid Gland