What is Muktashukti Bhasma?
Muktashukti Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine made from shell of pearl oyster. Both Muktashukti Bhasma and Muktashukti Pishti are made from this shell. The shell of the oyster is made of calcium, so Muktashukti Bhasma and Muktashukti Pishti have a sufficient amount of calcium and these medicines are taken in patients with calcium deficiency.
Muktashukti Pishti is more sober than Muktashukti Bhasma, because Muktashukti Pishti is made by processing it with rose water while Muktashukti Bhasma is made by GajPut.
In this article we will describe Muktashukti Bhasma in detail, because Muktashukti Bhasma is used more by the Doctors and it is also more popular.
Composition of Muktashukti Bhasma
To produce Muktashukti Bhasma following row material are required.
- Muktashukti (shell of pearl oyster)
- Aloe Vera pulp
- Lemon juice
How to make Muktashukti Bhasma
Shell of pearl oyster is first purified. To cleanse shell of pearl oyster, it is kept immersed in buttermilk for 3 days and buttermilk is changed daily. This pot is kept in the sun during the day.
On the third day, wash shell of pearl oyster with warm water and cut the black part of it and separate it. Now the shell of white oyster is left from which only Muktashukti Bhasma is made.
To make Bhasma, first of all, put this shell of pearl oyster in an earthen pot filled with aloe vera pulp. After removing it from gazput, it gets scammed with lemon juice and small cakes are made.
These ticks are dried and put into fire. In the end, after making the powder of this ash, filtering it and keeping it in the pot, it is called Muktashukti Bhasma.
Medical properties of Muktakuta Bhasma
Muktashukti Bhasma and Pishti have following healing properties.
- Potent Antacid
- Digestive Stimulant
Ayurvedic Properties of Muktashukti Bhasma
|Potency – VIRYA||SHEETA (Cold)|
|Resultant – VIPAKA||MADHURA (Sweet)|
|Therapeutic Effect – PRABHAVA||Potent Antacid|
|DOSHA KARMA (Effect on Humors)||Pacifies PITTA DOSHA & KAPHA DOSHA|
|Dhatu (Tissue) Effect||RASA, RAKTA, MAMSA & ASTHI|
|Beneficial for Organs||Stomach, Liver, Spleen & Intestine|
Therapeutic indications of Muktashukti Bhasma & Pishti
Muktashukti Bhasma and Pishti are helpful in following health conditions.
- Chronic Gastritis
- Duodenal ulcer
- Peptic ulcer
- Mouth ulcer
- Ulcerative colitis
- Loss of appetite
- Gas or flatulence
- Abdominal distension
Benefits of Muktashukti Bhasma & Pishti
- This drug is alkaline in nature, due to which this provides very good benefits in bile.
- It provides benefits in diseases of chest and stomach due to acid bile, sour belching in the mouth, blisters in the mouth, etc.
- It destroys the acid made in the stomach and gives relief in acid bile.
- It is beneficial in osteoporosis.
- Muktashukti Bhasma is a natural source of calcium and it contains a lot of calcium, so consuming this, it is beneficial in osteoporosis and other diseases of bones. In these diseases, giving Muktashukti Bhasma with Hadjod powder gives more benefits.
- This drug gives very good benefit in problems like chronic gastritis, duodenal wounds, chest irritation, mouth sores. Taking this drug also provides relief in problems like indigestion, loss of appetite, gas formation, flatulence, flatulence, swelling in the stomach, etc.
- People who have bad odor from the mouth, mouth is bitter or sour, does not taste in food, and has anorexia in food, they get benefit by taking this medicine. All these symptoms are caused by excess of bile and this drug suppresses bile.
- Due to excess of Vata and bile, some people suffer from heart pain and heaviness in the chest. This problem can be overcome by taking this medicine.
- Repeated diarrhea due to bile diarrhea, in which the color of the diarrhea becomes pale blue or red and the patient feels dizzy, fainting and the skin around the anus gets torn or small pimples, then all these symptoms It is beneficial to offer Muktashukti Bhasma. In this condition, this drug is consumed with Dadimavleh, mango jam, butter or pomegranate syrup.
Dosage of MuktaShukti Bhasma & Pishti
|The general dosage of Muktashukti Bhasma and Pishti is as follows.|
|Infants||60 to 125 mg *|
|Children||125 to 250 mg *|
|Adults||250 to 500 mg *|
|Pregnancy||125 to 250 mg *|
|Geriatric (Old age)||125 to 250 mg *|
|Maximum Possible Dosage (per day or in 24 hours)||1000 mg (in divided doses)|
|* Twice a day with Gulkand, Honey, Water or appropriate adjuvant as per disease|
Precautions & Side Effects
Generally, there is no side effect of this drug, but overdose of this drug can be harmful. Take this medicine only according to the advice of the doctor.