Different types of glands are present in our body. In these glands, a gland is also present in our throat which is also called thyroid gland or thyroid gland. This gland is in the shape of a butterfly and is present in the front part of the throat. Different types of hormones are excreted from this gland, which are necessary for various metabolic activities and other developmental functions of the body.
If the balance of hormones released from the thyroid gland is disturbed, then various types of diseases are caused in our body. Thyroid disease is predominant in these diseases. Unhealthy eating, living and stressful life are considered to be the cause of thyroid disease. When the balance of vata, bile and phlegm deteriorates due to weather changes in a person’s body, the balance of hormones released from the thyroid gland also deteriorates and the person becomes thyroid.
Successful treatment of this disease exists in Ayurveda. Many allopathic doctors use steroids to cure this disease, which is very harmful for our body.
Various Hormones Secretion from the Thyroid Gland
Thyroid gland secretes hormones called Tri – iodothyronin (T3) and Thyrocalcitonin. These hormones are helpful in balancing the various functions of our body.
Thyroid Gland Functions
The thyroid gland is responsible for the following metabolic activities in our body.
- Hormones released from the thyroid gland increase the rate of metabolism which is beneficial for the growth of the body.
- This gland increases the production of energy in the body by oxidizing the cell, which makes a person feel healthy.
- This gland increases glucose absorption, protein synthesis and body temperature.
- This gland is necessary for physical development and differentiation.
- This gland enhances the action of adrenaline and coconut.
- This gland increases the rate of cardiac pulsation and respiration.
- It controls the amount of sugar, cholesterol and phospholipid present in the blood.
- It increases milk production in women.
Types of thyroid disease
Thyroid disease depends on the condition of the hormone produced in the thyroid gland, which is as follows.
- Thyroid gland hyperactivity
- Hypothyroidism of the thyroid gland
Thyroid gland hyperactivity
When the thyroid gland becomes too active, the t3 produced by the thyroid gland begins to form in excess. Physical energy is used in excess when hormones are produced in excess. This condition is called hyperthyroidism . This problem is seen more in women than men. The symptoms of this disease are as follows.
- Excess of Thyroid harmone increases metabolism in the body, and every activity starts rapidly.
- Excessive sweating.
- Shaking hands.
- Hair thinning and loss.
- Insomnia (trouble sleeping)
- Muscle weakness and pain.
- Increased heartbeat.
- Weight loss occurs even after feeling very hungry.
- Menstrual irregularity is seen in women.
- Osteoporosis occurs, due to which the calcium in the bone is rapidly depleted.
Hypothyroidism of the thyroid gland
When thyroid gland activation decreases, hormone production occurs in small amounts. Symptoms of this problem are as follows:
- Slow heart rate.
- Always be tired
- To be more sensitive to cold.
- Weight gain due to slowing metabolism.
- Thinning and breaking of nails.
- Decreased sweating.
- Dryness and itching in the skin.
- Joint pain and muscle stiffness.
- More hair loss.
- Swelling of the eyes.
- To forget again and again.
- Confuse, unable to think and understand.
- Irregularity in menstruation. 28-day cycle to be 40 days or more.
- Swelling of face and eyes.
- Increased level of cholesterol in the blood (Cholestrol).
- It can cause infertility in women.
Reasons of Thyroid Disease
Now let us know what are the reasons for getting thyroid.
- The main reason for having thyroid is poor lifestyle and living under a lot of stress. If you lead a very stressful life then it definitely has an effect on your body. Due to excess stress our kidneys and thyroid glands are severely affected due to which the chances of getting thyroid problems increases to a great extent.
- If you take too little or too much of iodine in your food, in both cases it has a direct effect on your thyroid gland and you can suffer from thyroid disease.
- During pregnancy, various types of metabolic changes occur in the body of women, due to which the balance of hormones in the body of women sometimes deteriorates. This can also result in thyroid problems.
- Apart from all these reasons, thyroid disease can also occur due to genetic causes. If someone in your family has had thyroid problems, then you may also have this problem.
Other causes of Thyroid Disease
There may be other reasons for thyroid disease which are as follows.
Due to this disease, some part of the thyroid gland becomes inactive, which can lead to hypothyroid problem.
Thyroid gland swelling
Due to inflammation in the thyroid gland, the balance of hormones produced by the thyroid gland is disturbed, which can cause thyroid problems.
Causes of Graves’ disease
In this disease, the person’s immune system starts producing some antibodies that increase TSH in the body, due to which the person suffers from thyroid disease. In fact it is a genetic disease that runs from one generation to another.
It is also a cause of thyroid. Vitamin B12 causes thyroid problems.
Home remedies for thyroid disease
So far, we have received the symptoms of thyroid disease and general information about it. Let us now know what are the home remedies to overcome thyroid disease, which you can adopt to reduce the chances of this disease to a great extent.
Black pepper beneficial for thyroid
Black pepper is very beneficial in thyroid disease. If you include pepper regularly in your diet, then you will be safe from this disease and if you have thyroid problems then you will get a lot of benefit.
Gourd beneficial for thyroid
If you drink gourd juice on an empty stomach, it gives a very good benefit in thyroid disease. Therefore, you must use the gourd that you get in the season.
Turmeric milk beneficial for thyroid
While drinking turmeric mixed with milk reduces pain in the body, on the other hand, this milk also provides very good benefit in thyroid disease. Thyroid patients should drink turmeric milk regularly.
Triphala beneficial for thyroid
While Triphala Churna cures another stomach ailment, on the other hand, it is beneficial in many other ailments. Thyroid is one of these diseases. If you take one teaspoon of Triphala powder daily then it is very beneficial in this disease.
Green coriander beneficial for thyroid
Green coriander is very beneficial for thyroid problems. You should consume green coriander in your food regularly. Apart from this, grind a little green coriander and mix it in water and consume it regularly, it gives a very good relief in the thyroid.
Basil is a home remedy for thyroid
If you mix two teaspoons of basil juice with half a teaspoon of aloe vera and consume it in the morning and evening, you will see positive benefits in thyroid problems within a few days.
Ashwagandha is a home remedy for thyroid
Ashwagandha is a wonderful medicine to cure various types of mental and physical diseases. By consuming ashwagandha powder, the balance of hormones released from the thyroid gland is regularized, which cures the disease. A spoonful of ashwagandha powder mixed with cow’s milk at bedtime regularly provides great relief.
Thyroid home remedy is liquorice
The liquorice is found to contain the triterpenoid glycerythenic acid which prevents the growth of thyroid cancer cells. You should also make a habit of including liquorice in your diet, it will definitely benefit you.
Food for thyroid patients
If you feel that you may be suffering from thyroid disease or you are already suffering from this disease then you must make changes in your food habits. Here we have mentioned some special things related to catering for thyroid patients.
- Thyroid patients should take food that has very little fat, ie lubricating.
- You should consume more fruits and green vegetables in your diet.
- Do not eat too much fried things.
- Eat green leafy vegetables more and more, because these vegetables are very high in iron, which is beneficial for thyroid patients.
- Eat more of such foods, which contain sufficient amount of minerals and vitamins.
- Eat foods containing iodine, but keep in mind that excessive amounts of iodine can also harm you.
- In your breakfast, take sufficient amount of Badam, Cashew and Sunflower seeds as they contain sufficient amount of iodine which is beneficial for thyroid.
- Include milk in your breakfast and consume more and more yogurt in lunch.
- Vitamin A is very beneficial for thyroid patients. For this, take carrots or other such foods which have sufficient amount of Vitamin A.
- Consume more and more whole grains as they contain sufficient amount of fiber, protein and vitamins.
- Eat more of the food at home. Make a habit of not eating the things of the market.
Diet and lifestyle for thyroid patients
It is absolutely essential for thyroid patients to take special care of their diet. If you do not take care of your diet, then this disease will gradually become incurable and you may come in trouble.
- Thyroid patients should spend more time with their family after returning from work.
- Watch TV, play an indoor game and keep yourself busy as much as possible.
- Do not let any kind of mental tension dominate you, if possible, go for a walk with the family.
- Improve your habit, sleep early at night and wake up early in the morning.
- Drink plenty of water, do not consume intoxicants like smoking and alcohol etc. at all.
- Take special care of your food as we mentioned above.
Yoga and Pranayama for thyroid patients
Thyroid patients should do yoga and pranayama regularly. Baba Ramdev has made many thyroid patients absolutely healthy without any medicines only through yoga and results, which is a miracle of yoga and pranayama. If you want to get rid of this disease, you can watch the video of Baba Ramdev on YouTube. Below we have given some yogasanas, do these regularly, you will definitely beat this disease.
- Greet the sun.
- Do Pawanmuktasan.
- Do congruency.
- Do ustrasana.
- Do the halasan.
- Do Bhujangasana.